About Dr Veselin Shumantov and Center for Advanced Dentistry
Summary of Dr Shumantov's qualifications and experience:
Dr Veselin Shumantov holds a dual DDS degree and is a licensed dentist in Europe and the United States.
Dr Shumantov received his U.S. training in NYU College of Dentistry.
He has been in practice since 1999 when he graduated from the Dental School at Medical University in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Dr Shumantov comes from a family of dentists and was exposed early to the professional dental field.
His father was the Dental Clinic Director of the hospital at the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and his mother is still actively practicing dentistry in Sofia.
From his parents Veselin learned not to judge other dentist's work because one cannot know the circumstances under which the dentist had performed it.
Dr Shumantov has been active in communicating, learning and collaborating with the most prominent dentists in New York City, Europe and Asia.
He has a large network of dental specialists that he has learned from and consults with regularly.
He often refers to his mentors and is grateful for their inspiration and guidance.
Using a personal touch, interaction, humanity, common sense, skills, knowledge and technology, Dr Shumantov provides the safest and most esthetic
dentistry that is available today.
He enjoys creating individualized, simple or multi-disciplinary treatment plans, customizing them according to each patient's priorities and possibilities.
Dr Shumantov executes dentistry with precision, attention to details and artistic finish.
Center for Advanced Dentistry
Dr Shumantov is the founder of Center for Advanced Dentistry, a dental practice that offers both general dentistry as well as specialized dental procedures.
Patients from all over the world have visited for:
- occlusal assessment and adjustments by minimal interference with existing dentition
- minimally invasive options and alternatives to aggressive dentistry
- cosmetic reconstructions without sacrificing valuable tooth structure
- metal-free zirconium oxide ceramic implants
- safe removal of symptomatic titanium implants without malicious bone trauma, no drilling, no trephines and no tissue loss.
- flapless surgical procedures for preventing complications and accelerated healing and recovery
- sinus lifts and it's alternatives; sinus graft material alternatives as a way to reduce sinus infections and complications
- laser-assisted surgeries
- bone reconstruction using patient's own blood-derived growth factors for fast and predictable bone formation
- bone-sparing vibrational piezo surgery (versus drills)
- custom-made bone implants to create solid base for dental implants
Dental phobia - fear from the dentist - is a problem that prevents many patients from achieving their dream smile.
One convenient options is "sleep dentistry", IV sedation with a specialist anesthesiologist.
Although this is a valid option that Center for Advanced Dentistry offers, it does carry certain risks.
Dr Shumantov prefers different and safer approach: one-on-one desensitization and elimination of the fear by changing the patient's perception of the dentist as a "threat".
It is not uncommon for Dr Shumantov's patients to fall asleep in the dental chair while having a dental procedure performed.
References: References, feedback and contacts from patients around the globe are available upon request.
Consulting: Dr Shumantov is a consultant for All Experts on implant dentistry.
TV appearances: Foxnews "A Healthy You" with Carol Alt featuring Dr Veselin Shumantov and nutrition expert Dr Nicholas Gonzalez.
Teaching: Ceraroot zirconia ceramic implants certification courses in New York, USA.